Job Announcement Number:12R-JC-297755-MPA-OUSHAC
This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary for History, Art, and Culture. The employee coordinates the Smithsonian’s role in the preservation of cultural heritage materials in international and domestic museums, galleries, archives, libraries, and at archaeological and historic sites threatened by natural disasters, human conflict, and other challenges.
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Requires short-notice travel.
- Irregular tour-of-duty that may include weekends and nights in emergencies.